Saturday, October 17, 2009

Google yourself.

i know, I'm lame, i don't write anymore. I will soon, promise. a real post. this one doesn't count, because I'm a bit drunk. I just had some thoughts I wanted to jot down while they're swimming around in my head:

1) I've noticed a lot of blog commenters using the word "trust" lately, like in late 80's rap songs, like "I'm gonna bake cupcakes tomorrow. Trust." Is this a new fad or an old fad or... where is this coming from?
2) Another one: people aren't saying "what the fuck" or even "wtf" anymore. Now it's "the fuck?"
3)...google yourself. Seriously. How depressing is it when you google yourself and someone else, with the same name, comes up first? I just googled myself and my imdb.com profile is #1 - no idea why, but hey, at least I'm at the top :) - but it's the ONLY mention of me in the search results. Strange.
Anyways, try it, let me know if you're #1. And do you share your name with any interesting people? I'm quite impressed with the selection I've found... although that's yet another reason to go by my married name... I take spots # 1,2,3,4 and 6 on Google for my married name, and there were only three people altogether, compared to an inifinite number with my maiden name :)

3 comments:

Dani said...

When I google myself a whole lot of ME shows up. That's pretty much because I have been putting my real name on the internet for years. Now that I'm a photographer, it's a super handy thing! You can even spell my last name wrong (Boyton is a common error), and Google says "Did you mean: Dani Boynton?", which is pretty cool!

Amber said...

Nobody in the world has my name! I removed it from facebook cause of a stalker scare.... if someone googles my name the top result is where I work. Creepy.
I have never heard 'trust' or 'the fuck' before. Apparently I need to get out more!

Amanda Thomson said...

I've never heard anyone say "trust" or "the fuck?" outside of the blogosphere, although I think "trust" should be incorporated into everyday conversation starting now.
I will make a new blog. Trust.