Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Weddings, weddings, and more weddings

...actually, there's only one wedding, but it feels like three :)
So I'm not the type to apologize for a long absence (just ask my family - I don't talk to anyone on a regular basis), but I feel like you're owed an explanation. I've been away, but I'm working on stuff. Here's a list of what I'm doing, so you don't feel like I'm snubbing you:

  • Like I say, people are getting married on Saturday. I made one of those "baby picture" videos for the bride and groom, I'm giving a speech, and.. on top of all that... I made a dress. I MADE A DRESS. It kind of looks like this one, although not exactly,
  • School started last week, so I'm back wandering the grey, badly-painted halls of academia. I'm taking copy editing (to get over my fear of "grammar"), non fiction workshop (to make my writing more "transcendent"), and something called "Overcoming the Past in German Film". Don't know if I'll be staying in the last one.
  • I'm working with a local non-profit group. I'm doing a research project on blogging and social marketing. It's very interesting... but takes a lot of time.
Soon, my pretties, I'll be back to my blogging self. And soon, hopefully, I'll have a(nother) new blog up and ready for your comments. I'm thinking something... musical. But that's all I'm gonna say right now.

...except that moths are awesome. Soon I'm going to write a big post about moths.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Who's getting married?
I can't believe you MADE A DRESS. I HATE talented people. Death to you. :P :P :P

Amanda Thomson said...

our friends Sever and Tansy (S&T) are getting married... after living together for 10 years :)
and I'm definitely not talented. I had to take the thing completely apart and then put it back together, I forgot to put in the zipper, and I still haven't finished the hem. Sewing is more mathematical than I expected it to be :(

Amber said...

I know, I found sewing pretty difficult when I took classes in high school so I never pursued it. I am so impressed with people who make their own clothing!
You will be wearing a dress in the end, I'd say it's a success :)